NAIA terminal fee lowered to P550 this February
Good news for international travelers passing through Ninoy Aquino International Airport! The terminal fee will be lowered to Php 550.00 (USD 12.50) from Php 750.00 (USD 17.00) starting February 1, 2012.
The announcement was made by Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) General Manager Jose Angel Honrado. There was a PHP 200.00 increase five years ago to “improve security”.
Here are the current fees a traveler must pay before departing NAIA (All Three Terminals):
- NAIA Terminal Fee – PHP 200.00 (domestic) or PHP 550.00 (international)
- Philippine Travel Tax (international departures only) – PHP 1,620.00^ (about USD 37.00)
- For ACR I-CARD Holders: Re-Entry Permit/Exit Clearance (RP SRC ECC) – PHP 2,880.00? (USD 65.50) for first time departure using I-Card or PHP 2,170 (USD 50.00) for succeeding departures – See schedule of fees from the Bureau of Immigration, Philippines
^ – OFWs, diplomats, flight attendants are exempted from paying the travel tax
An example of what I pay when leaving the Philippines…
- Cebu Pacific round trip tickets to Hong Kong – about PHP 4,000.00 (USD 91.00)
- Amount I pay at NAIA for terminal fee, travel tax, and clearance - PHP 4,540.00 (USD 100.00)
The Philippine Travel Tax should be abolished!
Exchange Rate at time of posting: USD 1.00 = PHP 43.78